Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name. Psalm 86:11


We are Siyahamba. We are walking in the light.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Journal Entry No. 20

[Thank you to my grandma for reminding me I haven't posted in a while :) Love you all! xoxo]

7/26/10
9pm Iganga time-

Today Sally and I went to Jinja. It was really fun to see kind of a touristy town, since this town is so close to the source of the Nile. Once I got into the "shopping district" (which consisted of a single street with touristy shops on either side), the cries of "Mzungu" abruptly stopped! I didn't realize how much I was called a mzungu until I wasn't anymore.

I bought several trinkets for my family (and even a keychain for myself). For lunch, Sally and I ate at Cafe Ozzies (run by Australians, of course). There was a Canadian family sitting near us! For lunch, I had passionfruit juice and chapatti with avocado and chicken mmm.

After lunch I went to an internet cafe. It was way cheap! It was good to be able to email my family with a relatively fast connection.

The rest of the day was pretty normal. For dinner we had these amazing green beans. It was as if Grandma's casserole sauce and my favorite green beans had collided and mixed with rice. Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment